GIS is a multidisciplinary field that has been used for data integration, analysis and decision making in many societal sectors and academic disciplines. Integration of remote sensing and GIS technologies leads to the management of our renewable and non renewable resources. GIS technology plays a vital role in urban planning, agriculture, geology, forestry, disaster management, education, intelligence and warfare. The workshop focuses on the concepts, GIS data models, GIS project methodology and case studies.
- • Information systems, Spatial and non- spatial Information, Geographical concept and terminology, advantages of GIS.
- • Basic component of GIS. GIS hardware and software. Field data, statistical data, maps, aerial Photographs, satellite data, points , lines, and areas features, vector and raster data, data entry through keyboard, digitizer and scanners, preprocessing of data rectification and registration, interpolation techniques.
- • Case studies of Water Resources Engineering, Town Planning, Layout Analysis, Disaster Management and transportation Engineering.
- • Hands on training on GIS software
Resource Persons / Institutions
- Deepak Choksi - IIT Bombay
- Dr Ravikumar A S - UVCE, Banglore
- Dr.S.J.Nyamathi - UVCE, Banglore
- Dr. B.V. Mudgal - Anna University, Chennai
: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Who can attend
: UG and PG students
from CIVIL Engineering